Twenty-One Days

I read that it takes 21 days or 21 times for an action to become a habit. Ahh... now lots of my questions answered.

Early this year, I planned to start some new habits: drinking green tea, exercising for an hour, and having at least two cups of fruits and vegetables daily and cutting coffee.

After 21 days, they are supposed to become habits, everything will fall into place, and I won't feel like I'm being forced to take my green tea and vegetables anymore, right? And on the 22nd day, I'll jog breezily around the park, waving to those people who'll still be huffing and puffing, just starting their 21 days. Haha, long way to go, newbies.

I did jog as planned and the longest in a row that I managed was six days, skipping Sunday to rest my muscles or something. Then it was shortened to four days, then two (it was always raining), then I went for weeks months of complete hibernation.

Though, I think I managed to do the green tea and vegetables thing for more than 21 days. Then I didn't remember exactly when I skipped them, maybe it was just for one or two days at first, then more, then... *poof*.

Why is it easy for the 'skipping' to become a habit? Am I not supposed to skip my green tea for 21 days first before it becomes a habit -- a habit of NOT drinking green tea?

- I normally have tomato, broccoli and lettuce (the no-real-cooking-required vegetables) stocked in my fridge, which are bought separately, not the mixed kind, except for this one in the picture. Those green leaves are not what you'd call delicious. Still have one huge container of those.

- I've just started a new 21 days three days ago.

Comments