Movie Day: Reason #2 to Wake Up Early

Reason #1: If the house is on fire. Work, of course.

I went for coffee with Doll-bin Tuesday afternoon, where she generously handed me a stack of her contact cards for my work. So I was fired up to get to it.

Wednesday morning, I woke up very early, had my breakfast, watched some TV a bit of news on Bloomberg, arranged the cards systematically on my desk and was already at KLCC at 10 in the morning -- buying back-to-back movie tickets for:

1) The Dark Knight
So I may have liked the movie more if it were not for this one idiot sitting next to me, getting really comfortable like he was at home -- letting his phone ring every half an hour, taking off his shoes(!) and rocking his chair throughout the entire movie! After three hours of that earthquake, I felt really dizzy.

2) Sex and the City
Though I'm not really into the series, I didn't want to miss watching the movie. So, despite the fact that I still don't understand why Carrie falls for Big, I really love her clothes and the idea of being '50 and fabulous'. The best part of the movie is, of course, the friendship of the four friends because, you know, this is all very realistic.

(Also, I believe I heard someone from the end of the row sobbing, starting from the scene where Big left Carrie at the library stairs altar till the end of the movie.)

_____


I've always loved Heath Ledger since The Patriot -- one movie that I've watched many times but still giving me all the same suspense and sadness each time.

Although, of course, I still don't understand all this civilized warfare thing, taking turns to shoot and all. An appointment to shoot and be shot? "Ok, see you tomorrow at the field, but this time let me shoot first, ok?"??

Anyway, two of my favourite scenes from the movie are 1) when The Ghost emerges to save Gabriel with the help of his two very young sons 2) when Susan cries, calling for her father, "Father! Don't go, I'll say whatever you want..." God 😭.

Comments