Curtain (2)

Which size did I take, you ask? I took the 7-foot one.

So I reached home and eagerly removed the heavy old curtains (2kg of it was probably just dust) and hung the almost equally heavy new curtains.

And they were... short. Just a tiny bit. Like 1-foot-tiny-bit.

I lay down on the sofa, staring at the curtain for a good half an hour while sipping water, cursing myself doing some thinking.

No, they were ugly. I can't live with curtains hanging one foot from the floor like that.

So I got up and gathered whatever energy I had left, removed and folded back the new curtains, drove back to the store, and asked for the 8-foot ones, only to be told, "They only come in 7 and 9-foot lengths."

"But you did mention eight earlier."

"Oh, that's the width. Seven and nine for the length. Eight to eleven for the width."

Talk about reading between the lines.

I could not analyze this further. I needed to save my energy. So I grabbed a pair of 9-foot ones in cream, paid another RMxx (the 9-foot curtains were more expensive, plus they only had a 30% discount), drove back home and put them up.

And yeah, a 9-foot is too long. So these came with a DIY alteration kit: a roll of paper+plastic and an instruction paper. And I really had no idea how these things worked.

The instructions did come with pictures, but they just didn't make sense.

I mean, why do I need to sprinkle some water on the paper+plastic rolls? I thought it was to make the glue melt (if there was any on the paper), you know, like the postal stamps. But no, it doesn't work that way.

Somehow, after lots of trial and error and losing some of the rolls in the process, I learned that if we fold the curtain, iron the fabric to straighten it, remove the paper from the roll, put the plastic portion underneath the fold and iron them, the fabric would stick together!

By that time, I was already exhausted. I really should have bought the suit instead.

Comments