I'm Saving the Earth
Photo by Javier Huedo on Unsplash
I've always tried to be careful with paper usage because I love trees. But according to the internet, there are a lot more things that I can do to help save the environment. This list of reminders is dedicated to the green hill outside my window, which is now gone, soon to be replaced by a highway:
- Refuse plastic bags when grocery shopping and bring your own cloth bags instead -- I can refuse half of them. I still need the other half as garbage bags.
- Use the other side of paper for scrap work and print less.
- Opt for online billing.
- Recycle cans, bottles and paper -- (Ok, pardon my tendency to make excuses.) I don't see any recycling bin near my house, so there's a possibility I'm going to end up with piles of garbage towering over my head.
- Turn off and unplug electrical devices when not in use.
- Tune car and check the tyres.
- Reuse towels when staying at hotels.
- Give away old stuff.
- Pack water from home instead of buying plastic-bottled mineral water.
- Bring your own hangers to the dry cleaners and refuse plastic covers.
- Bring your own take-away containers instead of using polystyrene containers.
- Eat less meat -- Apparently, livestock emit gases that promote global warming. O-kayy...
- Replace regular light bulbs with compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) -- As if I know what those are.
- Use less hot water --
Will try. - Carpool -- Sure...
- Walk, take trains and use the stairs if possible (instead of driving and taking the elevator) -- Yeah, right.
Comments