Throw the Confetti
... because I've finally finished reading these two books that have been sitting like haunted statues on my bookshelves for eight months, untouched since bought: both sales related, The Complete Idiot's Guide to X and Y for Dummies.
I'm sure I'm changing the world soon.
While we are talking about the cool thing that is self-help books, here are a few that I like. They are strangely ok.
1 - 3)
Thank you, Hell House, for sending me to the course, which happened to be early in my working years. Unlike all my cool friends, who will never read the three books given out during the course, ever, solely because they just don't need to (or maybe they did read them -- secretly -- ha), I borrowed them from a colleague and read them before my turn to attend the course, because what is chill, really. So, yeah.
(Throughout the six-day course, we had to do dozens of public speaking exercises, and hideous acting and role-playing as Tarzans, monsters, horse riders etc -- galloping like crazy around the hall, all involving shouting and screaming like a lunatic. Let's just say this is one of the few times in my life during which I learned a lot of useful things while at the same time would like to quickly forget the details of how I acquired them.)
4)
This one kicks me in the butt.
I'm sure I'm changing the world soon.
While we are talking about the cool thing that is self-help books, here are a few that I like. They are strangely ok.
1 - 3)
Thank you, Hell House, for sending me to the course, which happened to be early in my working years. Unlike all my cool friends, who will never read the three books given out during the course, ever, solely because they just don't need to (or maybe they did read them -- secretly -- ha), I borrowed them from a colleague and read them before my turn to attend the course, because what is chill, really. So, yeah.
(Throughout the six-day course, we had to do dozens of public speaking exercises, and hideous acting and role-playing as Tarzans, monsters, horse riders etc -- galloping like crazy around the hall, all involving shouting and screaming like a lunatic. Let's just say this is one of the few times in my life during which I learned a lot of useful things while at the same time would like to quickly forget the details of how I acquired them.)
4)
This one kicks me in the butt.
Comments