(What Could Have Been a) Booster
I had short hair a few times in my adult years, and I really liked two of them.
Any attempt to cut my hair short again in the recent years usually ends up with something that is not as short as I want it to be or something that I don't really understand. But I can't be a diva in hair salons and restaurants.
And I don't want to be that lady who brings a Victoria Beckham picture and frowns at the stylist with "Why don't I look like this?"
"Err, do you really want to know the answer?"
If I don't get the cut that I want, I'll either
1) wait a few days for my hair to 'adjust' to its new shape... or for me to accept my fate.
2) use styling products.
3) suck it up and let it grow again.
I'll never ask the hairstylist to redo my hair. I'm scared of them.
Plus, if I've already shown them a picture but the cut turns out different than what I expected, I take it that's the best they could do -- either my hair type does not suit the cut, or the stylists are simply not very good at making people look prettier.
I brought a picture today, and it's safe to say I was prettier when I entered the salon than when I came out.
I look like Justin Bieber now. From two years ago.
(I'm off to another salon now to redo this. Let's hope I don't look like Kanye West by midnight.)
Any attempt to cut my hair short again in the recent years usually ends up with something that is not as short as I want it to be or something that I don't really understand. But I can't be a diva in hair salons and restaurants.
And I don't want to be that lady who brings a Victoria Beckham picture and frowns at the stylist with "Why don't I look like this?"
"Err, do you really want to know the answer?"
If I don't get the cut that I want, I'll either
1) wait a few days for my hair to 'adjust' to its new shape... or for me to accept my fate.
2) use styling products.
3) suck it up and let it grow again.
I'll never ask the hairstylist to redo my hair. I'm scared of them.
Plus, if I've already shown them a picture but the cut turns out different than what I expected, I take it that's the best they could do -- either my hair type does not suit the cut, or the stylists are simply not very good at making people look prettier.
I brought a picture today, and it's safe to say I was prettier when I entered the salon than when I came out.
I look like Justin Bieber now. From two years ago.
(I'm off to another salon now to redo this. Let's hope I don't look like Kanye West by midnight.)
Comments