Veep and The River
If you haven't seen these two, go find them. One to make you laugh, and the other to make you freeze under the blanket in your seat, or in my case watch it alone with tremendous bravery and sound muted.
Veep (HBO)
OMG Veep is too funny, and you know you should believe me because I raaarely say 'OMG' unless it's really important. The show centres on Selina Meyer, the VPOTUS, and her equally dysfunctional team who keep shooting themselves in the foot. VPs have fake power, we've heard that, and this particular team spends 40% of their time finding a cause to pass the time with, 10% fighting for what they believe in and 50% doing damage control. You have to watch this. Their luck and the show's writing will make you rotfl. I always imagine Joe Biden having the same office.
The River (FOX)
The River is a horror/action series that follows a search team to find Emmet Cole, an adventure show host who went missing in the Amazon. The expedition is led by his wife, Tess, and filmed as a way to fund it. It has the usual horror and mystery formula: native tribe rituals, myths, legends, roaming souls and ghosts, missing and injured team members, the Blair Witch Project camera work, and a series of logic-can't-explain events.
Basically, it just wants to make you think that the next thing they are about to show on screen is going to scare you. Huge chance you'll just frown a bit. While I find it easy to like the show, it is the type that works better when not extended for too long. I think the eight episodes were perfect.
Veep (HBO)
OMG Veep is too funny, and you know you should believe me because I raaarely say 'OMG' unless it's really important. The show centres on Selina Meyer, the VPOTUS, and her equally dysfunctional team who keep shooting themselves in the foot. VPs have fake power, we've heard that, and this particular team spends 40% of their time finding a cause to pass the time with, 10% fighting for what they believe in and 50% doing damage control. You have to watch this. Their luck and the show's writing will make you rotfl. I always imagine Joe Biden having the same office.
The River (FOX)
The River is a horror/action series that follows a search team to find Emmet Cole, an adventure show host who went missing in the Amazon. The expedition is led by his wife, Tess, and filmed as a way to fund it. It has the usual horror and mystery formula: native tribe rituals, myths, legends, roaming souls and ghosts, missing and injured team members, the Blair Witch Project camera work, and a series of logic-can't-explain events.
Basically, it just wants to make you think that the next thing they are about to show on screen is going to scare you. Huge chance you'll just frown a bit. While I find it easy to like the show, it is the type that works better when not extended for too long. I think the eight episodes were perfect.
Comments