Red Carpet Dresses

What is it about red carpet dresses that we love so much? It's an illogical interest.

A small* part of my brain questions my reason every time I watch these parades, wide-eyed waiting for the dresses and the whole look to pop up on my TV and giving opinions in my head about them.

(*The rest reminds me to watch the next ones, or at least scan the pictures on the internet, and repeat the whole process.)

Red carpet events are advertisements, and thinking about it, who doesn't want to watch a two-hour-long commercial?

Dresses that I like this year:
- January Jones', black, Zac Posen, Emmys.
- Michelle Williams', orange, Louis Vuitton, Oscars. I just wish the top back of the dress was not made of a different material, though.
- Sofia Vergara's, blue, Vera Wang, Golden Globes. This is a bit toned-down compared to her usual red carpet look. How to walk in it, I'll never know.
- Victoria Beckham's, from her own line, Oscar after parties (plus the one that she wore in 2010 too).
- Also, Blake Lively's at Savages premiere and Kristen Stewart's (if we could also add some lining to it) at Breaking Dawn premiere. Both in Zuhair Murad.

Comments