Not Amused (2)
I hate guns and cigarettes. And I'm annoyed with Betty Draper most of the time.
But this is one of my favourite Mad Men scenes.
But this is one of my favourite Mad Men scenes.
I watched Mad Men some time ago. What an excruciating several episodes, a lineup of work DBs that I don't get why haven't been charged with sexual harassment already, cheaters and annoying housewives. There's not even a single character to root for. Watching them just makes me mad, not entertained. Fine, if they succeed in making viewers like me annoyed with the characters, they are probably doing a good job with the show. Still, I want to slap the characters in their sleep.
An example of the obnoxiousness of Pete (17 minutes into episode 1, speaking to the new hire Peggy):
"Who's your little friend here? ... Where you from, honey? Are you Amish or something? Well, you are in the city now. Wouldn't be a sin for us to see your legs. And if you pull your waist in a little bit, you might look like a woman."What an a**hole.
(But guess what, later that night, Peggy gets in bed with Pete. The level of logic.)
GIF: HBO
Comments