Home (2)
Man, did I sound like I was an abuse victim in below post, with my insomnia and all? I promise you I come from a happy home. I've never been abused by anyone except by my bank and PE teacher.
My parents went out almost all day Monday, came home at 3, and the first question they asked with worried faces was, "Dah makan?" They were so worried their fully grown child didn't know how to open the fridge.
Fine, I've been known to opt for biscuit crumbs and a lot of praying so the hunger would go away in the past if my parents were out the whole day. But that was last year, I was younger and defenseless last year. This year, last month to be exact, I know what daun kunyit is.
For the record, I cooked vegetables and telur dadar that day. By choice. I could have made kari daging if I wanted to... Also, felt like I'd found a chest of gold when I saw the leftover sambal tumis ikan bilis under the tudung saji.
(Breakfast was mango and tea and a piece of almost-turned-into-a-rock cake from last raya. Expiry dates are a myth.)
And I cleaned the whole house too.
Anyway, some update on Baby Noble -- after ten months, she is now staying with her parents, starting a new chapter in her life... discovering the joy of nursery and sharing attention with 20 other kids. My mother caught a cold the week after she left. Bless my parents.
Image: bluntcard.com

Comments