One of These Is Supposed to Be Sandra Bullock

I used to write 'swimming' in the hobby or interest box. I wish -- swimming really was my hobby.

Swimming or the occasional running are NOT hobbies; they are things you do if you want to fight relaxation and happiness.

I'm not sure if I've ever had a hobby. I love reading can read books, but that's an on and off affair. I would looovve to travel more than I do... well, [insert reality check].

So, if there's anything that I love to do and can do regularly outside work, it's meeting my friends. Please, meeting friends isn't a hobby either.

Ok, I can say that I do enjoy creative work, though, with areas of interest change from time to time (typical).

I remember being regularly assigned to make greeting cards for Teacher's Day or decorate the notice board etc when I was in school. One day I made my class teacher a raya card on behalf of the class. She liked it so much and showed it around the teachers' room, and I started to receive OTT marks from the Art teacher lol. (😂 Thank you, Art teacher.)

Some years ago, I also tried my hand at drawing portraits, and by 'drawing portraits' it usually meant I'd pick some random picture and try to copy it into a larger scale using pencil and paper. I loved it at first, as usual. I thought, "This is it, I can draw portraits, I LOVE drawing portraits," but as per my earlier post -- it was a false alarm. I showed the supposed-to-be-Sandra-Bullock portrait to a friend, and the first thing she asked, with a huge frown, was, "Who's this?"

How good is it to have at least one hobby or interest, lose yourself in it and get better at it by each day?* (*Rhetorical question.)

Comments