Local Shop

With the goal of freeing myself from the claws of overpriced salons and living closely to my net worth,

In the spirit of supporting the neighbourhood's economy, I'm on a mission to look for an alternative to ACA.

There's a new, nice-looking salon that just opened at the corner of the business centre near my house, and I got my haircut there recently.

New salon
- RM20 for junior stylist, RM40 for senior stylist. (1)
- Located 300 metres from my house. (1)
- Free parking, reads 'illegal roadside parking'. (1)
- No free hair wash or delicious tea. (-1)
- But nice ambience! The couch is comfy, and the salon is new and nicely decorated. (1)
- Haircut is not too bad. Though I cringed when they started touching my bangs. (2)
TOTAL: 5 points

ACA
- At least RM100 for a senior stylist. (-1)
- Fifteen kilometres from my house. (-1)
- BSC parking rate is RM1.60/hour. (-1)
- Free hair wash and delicious tea. (1)
- ACA is noisy! Fish-market-level noisy. (-1)
- For RM100, they better know what to do with my bangs. (8)
TOTAL: 5 points

Verdict: Although I'm still on the lookout for another salon, I think I don't mind coming back to this new one. We'll see.

(Brought a photo to the salon as a reference, as usual. Waited for someone to comment that what I need is just a comb.)

Comments