Brokeback Mountain
I spent the weekend taking pictures and watching TV. I watched The Shawshank Redemption again, which I last saw a few years ago, and finally watched Brokeback Mountain. (I wish they were showing The Godfathers too.) I'm four years late, but Brokeback Mountain is one DVD that is the hardest to find. Maybe because I've been looking for it in the wrong year.
I survived the first 30 minutes of the movie on coffee but was wide awake after the tent scene. Seriously, I thought they were trying to kill each other or something. The final scene, however, of Ennis with a postcard and two shirts worn 20 years ago on the Mountain, was a haunting tear-jerker. We can only imagine the pain and regret that he will now have to carry, probably for the rest of his life. Even more gloomy is being reminded that the great talent that was Heath Ledger is no longer here.
Ok, I've got to go. Life is calling. Have been staring at the screen for too long. Got to see some real people. *Hugs PC*.
Image: Focus Features
I survived the first 30 minutes of the movie on coffee but was wide awake after the tent scene. Seriously, I thought they were trying to kill each other or something. The final scene, however, of Ennis with a postcard and two shirts worn 20 years ago on the Mountain, was a haunting tear-jerker. We can only imagine the pain and regret that he will now have to carry, probably for the rest of his life. Even more gloomy is being reminded that the great talent that was Heath Ledger is no longer here.
Ok, I've got to go. Life is calling. Have been staring at the screen for too long. Got to see some real people. *Hugs PC*.
Image: Focus Features

Comments