Time
I was watching TV. I had a book in one hand, and a notebook and a pencil in the other, scribbling some clearly important stuff. Then I remembered that I needed to return my mother's call. I talked to my mother very quickly because the murderer in the movie was about to kill again. I had already missed the first killing between chapter five and six of my book.
I know in your case, multitasking means saving the world while cloning humans, but my point is, maybe we should go a bit easy on multitasking. The impression is, however, we live in a time which multitasking is a must. Not doing at least three things simultaneously sounds like you are doing life wrong.
Some blurry number of years ago, when work took up most hours of my week, I could not live without multitasking, and coincidentally, those were not really my favourite times.
Several things have changed today, and since I claim it should mean a more flexible schedule -- why do I still have this urge to do many things at a time, rushing as if I'm soooo busy? I watch TV, I can't be that busy.
What I want right now is the ability to take my time*, please. I don't mind busy. Busy is good. I just need some order and calm.
- The next time I see my sister for our occasional breakfast together, she'll get my full attention. I'll ask her to put away her mobile phone too, of course.
- And the next time I see my friends, I'll give them the chance to vent too.
- I'll enjoy every bite of my food, and I'll put away my work while watching my favourite shows. And when I read my e-mail, I won't stop in between, reading my book, or vice versa.
- I'll treasure my sleep too (I'm going to chant this all day). God willing there's another 24 hours tomorrow.
- Maybe no driving and makeup at the same time either.
*or maaayybe a better attention span 😅.
I know in your case, multitasking means saving the world while cloning humans, but my point is, maybe we should go a bit easy on multitasking. The impression is, however, we live in a time which multitasking is a must. Not doing at least three things simultaneously sounds like you are doing life wrong.
Some blurry number of years ago, when work took up most hours of my week, I could not live without multitasking, and coincidentally, those were not really my favourite times.
Several things have changed today, and since I claim it should mean a more flexible schedule -- why do I still have this urge to do many things at a time, rushing as if I'm soooo busy? I watch TV, I can't be that busy.
What I want right now is the ability to take my time*, please. I don't mind busy. Busy is good. I just need some order and calm.
- The next time I see my sister for our occasional breakfast together, she'll get my full attention. I'll ask her to put away her mobile phone too, of course.
- And the next time I see my friends, I'll give them the chance to vent too.
- I'll enjoy every bite of my food, and I'll put away my work while watching my favourite shows. And when I read my e-mail, I won't stop in between, reading my book, or vice versa.
- I'll treasure my sleep too (I'm going to chant this all day). God willing there's another 24 hours tomorrow.
- Maybe no driving and makeup at the same time either.
*or maaayybe a better attention span 😅.
Comments