The Mission

Confession: Sometimes in the past, I skipped my puasa. My partner in crime was always usually Gene. She would pack Kenny Rogers and drop by my house, or I'd go to her office and we'd order McDonald's, or we'd eat something in the car.

Unless for health or other valid reasons that I can't think of right now -- it's wrong, not to mention juvenile. Don't do it, people. Seriously. (God, please, please make me stronger this year.)

Despite being I assume Malaysia's No 1 favourite 24-hour eatery, I don't really like mamak* restaurants. At least not anymore. Sure, I did go to mamak places all the time when I was in uni, so I guess I'm good for now.

*Indian Muslim, to be PC. Although, I was told the word mamak is not disrespectful.

I don't usually tell people this (because apparently this would make you a snob), but night markets are not my favourite place either. So while most people would be enjoying their food hunting at Bazaar Ramadhan during puasa month, most especially this year, if I'm not eating out or having tomyam/fast food takeaway, I'll be preparing** a quick meal at home.

Not that the food in the bazaars isn't delicious or lacks variety or anything, but just seeing another ayam percik or nasi tomato or popia basah, plus the crowd and the noise, makes me want to pull my hair...

I'm going on the internet now for clues of what to do recipes and will later go grocery shopping***.

**Also reads '30-minutes-tops-to-prepare, not necessarily healthy dishes', including, but will try not to limit it to, reheating food from a can or a box.

***TP dropped by my house last week to do some work:
"I feel like snacking. Do you have anything to munch?" she asked.
"I have salad-in-a-bag..."
"Anything else?"
"Can you munch coffee powder?"

Comments