The Mission (2)
7.20PM — It may not look like it, but that's French toast -- peanut butter and wholemeal bread -- and it's yummy.
I've tried searching the internet with a huge plan to come up with something more than just bread and egg. But one thing about real recipes, identifying the ingredients is tricky. For example, what's cilantro? Is that in Malay daun sup? What are thyme, capers or basil? (They sound familiar, but I still have no idea what those are.) Which one is feta cheese?
Then I realized it's not merely because they are in English that I don't know them. I still wouldn't know what they are if you translated them to Malay for me. Jintan manis? Daun bawang?
Nevertheless, the lesson that I learned today is, to make French toastwe I need to dip the bread into a bowl of whipped egg before putting it on the pan. Even if it's supposed to be done in some other way, it surely NOT 'pour the egg into a heated pan and put the bread later'.
10.20PM — This isn't so quick to prepare but IT IS super yummy. I'm serious. Killer ingredient: my mother's homegrown cili padi!
I've always thought that fried rice is my... forte. Today I decided it's so true. Click the picture to enlarge and prepare to drool.
I've tried searching the internet with a huge plan to come up with something more than just bread and egg. But one thing about real recipes, identifying the ingredients is tricky. For example, what's cilantro? Is that in Malay daun sup? What are thyme, capers or basil? (They sound familiar, but I still have no idea what those are.) Which one is feta cheese?
Then I realized it's not merely because they are in English that I don't know them. I still wouldn't know what they are if you translated them to Malay for me. Jintan manis? Daun bawang?
Nevertheless, the lesson that I learned today is, to make French toast
10.20PM — This isn't so quick to prepare but IT IS super yummy. I'm serious. Killer ingredient: my mother's homegrown cili padi!
I've always thought that fried rice is my... forte. Today I decided it's so true. Click the picture to enlarge and prepare to drool.
Comments