Survivor 38, Episode 9
“Y’ALL MAKING ME CRAZY”
We start the episode with Kelley Wentworth suddenly having a ride or die of six majority that includes Gavin, Julia and Victoria. How did that happen?
But the episode's biggest turn of events was, of course, the 9-1-0 vote for Julia:
David, Gavin, Julie, Kelley, Lauren, Rick, Ron, Victoria and Wardog voted for Julia.
Julia voted for Kelley.
Aurora voted forDavid.
I'm kind of over the theatrical, "live" tribal at this point, let alone the jury members' over-the-top reactions, especially when they know very well it will get captured, repeated on the internet, and probably meme-d for years. But I guess this one is necessary because instead of just waiting to get steamrolled — or being called a "passenger", how insulting — Rick calls the "pilots" out and pushes people on the bottom to defect. Out of the two pilot gang left — Victoria and Gavin — regardless of his vote for Julia, I don't think it's good to be Gavin next week.
We see more of Julie this week and she's laying all her emotions out there, from her frustration at being left out and having no one to trust, to that burst of determination to flip the script, yelling, "I'm ready to jump ship! I'm ready to jump ship!" I'm indifferent to how this may affect her game going forward, but we always looovve any not-giving-af moment on Survivor, no?
So what triggers Julia's ouster? The suggestion that Rick's a passenger? It's little too cocky, yes, but people have said and done worse things at tribal and the votes are still not directed their way. And I'm also confused of what the original plan was. Apparently, it was supposed to be David or Kelley? Aurora's name was even thrown out first before Julia's. Suddenly we hear someone say "Julia", and the next minute she's voted out?
Chaos usually makes the best TV, but this one is kind of just ok because, one: we've seen quite a few live tribals lately, and two: it was outdone by the episode's best five minutes — the horror movie that is scraping the rice out of the pot. Heart emoji, Survivor. That was great.
Image: CBS
We start the episode with Kelley Wentworth suddenly having a ride or die of six majority that includes Gavin, Julia and Victoria. How did that happen?
But the episode's biggest turn of events was, of course, the 9-1-0 vote for Julia:
David, Gavin, Julie, Kelley, Lauren, Rick, Ron, Victoria and Wardog voted for Julia.
Julia voted for Kelley.
Aurora voted for
I'm kind of over the theatrical, "live" tribal at this point, let alone the jury members' over-the-top reactions, especially when they know very well it will get captured, repeated on the internet, and probably meme-d for years. But I guess this one is necessary because instead of just waiting to get steamrolled — or being called a "passenger", how insulting — Rick calls the "pilots" out and pushes people on the bottom to defect. Out of the two pilot gang left — Victoria and Gavin — regardless of his vote for Julia, I don't think it's good to be Gavin next week.
We see more of Julie this week and she's laying all her emotions out there, from her frustration at being left out and having no one to trust, to that burst of determination to flip the script, yelling, "I'm ready to jump ship! I'm ready to jump ship!" I'm indifferent to how this may affect her game going forward, but we always looovve any not-giving-af moment on Survivor, no?
So what triggers Julia's ouster? The suggestion that Rick's a passenger? It's little too cocky, yes, but people have said and done worse things at tribal and the votes are still not directed their way. And I'm also confused of what the original plan was. Apparently, it was supposed to be David or Kelley? Aurora's name was even thrown out first before Julia's. Suddenly we hear someone say "Julia", and the next minute she's voted out?
Chaos usually makes the best TV, but this one is kind of just ok because, one: we've seen quite a few live tribals lately, and two: it was outdone by the episode's best five minutes — the horror movie that is scraping the rice out of the pot. Heart emoji, Survivor. That was great.
Image: CBS

Comments