Seth Meyers and Phillip Toledano


Since it's safe to conclude that I pretty much have nothing to write these days, let's check things that I just found this week -- via internet, of course, because where else do we find new things these days? Libraries? Space conferences? Deep and meaningful discussions with friends?

Whenever I need a quick laugh, I'd often go to Ellen's YouTube. From funny monologues, auto-correct blunders and Twitter roundups to kids' videos and hilarious interviews -- they are all handy to suck us into an internet (almost guaranteed, downward) spiral.

From Ellen's kids' videos, I'd go to Jimmy Kimmel's (because who stops at just 20?). Then I found Kimmel's White House Correspondents' Dinner monologue, which led me to Seth Meyers'. OMG I love Seth Meyers! Unfortunately, there are not that many videos of his on YouTube except for a number of his SNL work and ESPY monologues: here's 2010 and 2011. I do think the Trump joke was a tiny bit mean, though, and I don't get some of the jokes because they are either US-related or racial(?) 🧐. But he's not one of those do*chey comedians, is he?

Another thing that I found this week is Phillip Toledano's dayswithmyfather.com. Have a look and tell me if it doesn't make you want to tear up. I wanted to put it on the sidebar, but I don't want to open this blog, see the link every time and be reminded of the sad, uncomfortable feeling. Sigh, internet, you make me laugh and cry.

Comments