Challenge: Believe That Everything Is Going to Be More Than Ok

chal·lenge
n.
4. A test of one's abilities or resources in a demanding but stimulating undertaking. ~Thefreedictionary.

Lately, I've developed a new talent. No, not the talent to use past tense and present tense correctly (not yet), but the talent to think that things will turn out worse than they actually are.

(Thank God,) usually, these things that I put so much worry on don't turn out to be even bad in the end.

Example: I found a nice pair of shoes. They were on 10% sale. Ten. Full. Percent. Nice, cheap shoes just warm my heart. But they didn't have my size anymore at the store.

My hands turned cold waiting for the sales rep to check for my size in their other outlets*.

God I didn't smile at my neighbour this morning. That was bad. There's no way the shop is going to have my size now. Oh dear God, I am so sorry. Please make them have my size. Please, please... Oh no, the person on the other line is taking way too long to check just a pair of shoes. Of course, they don't have my size anymore. In fact, they are never producing my size again. Ever. I knew it...

Turns out, they always have my size, although in another outlet. And those shoes were actually on 50% sale!

*Me and shoes three years days years ago.

This post is probably my mind trying to convince myself that a particular mission I have this weekend is going to be fine. Because, honestly, stores running out of size: what a ridiculously small matter.

Have a good weekend.

Comments