Will Work for Food, Shoes and Pencils
Sometimes my daydream includes getting away from my routine and getting paid doing something else on a short-term basis (I'm a lil' embarrassed saying 'my routine' here, tbh). So, once in a while, I'll be looking for other types of assignments, like babysitting or painting kindergarten walls. Not exactly those, but let's just use them as examples.
So I've been trying to get this painting job for ages to no avail. The idea is, if a mural job pays you 1k, and soon after you are asked to paint for their 30 branches all over Malaysia, that's 300k for you!
Unfortunately, after years, no one seemed to be needing my painting services, but I kept e-mailing the Painting Agency anyway, hoping for the next opportunity. They've never bothered to reply, until today!
I've almost forgotten that I've been marketing myself to them for years because the constant e-mailing is hardly a hard work anymore. I can send the e-mail nowadays even if I'm half asleep.
So I was given the details of the assignment and the package. After the assignment, it looks like I'll be able to afford, err, about... two dozen pencils. I was very close to turning it down but stopped myself. I've been pestering them for three years now, and when they suddenly open their door to me, I can't possibly turn it down. The assignment is pretty easy. I don't even have to paint the whole wall. Only a door. Who knows, I could be asked to paint 3,000 doors soon, right?
The assignment is scheduled tomorrow. I'm not sure yet if this is the beginning of a good thing, but I'm wishing myself good luck.
So I've been trying to get this painting job for ages to no avail. The idea is, if a mural job pays you 1k, and soon after you are asked to paint for their 30 branches all over Malaysia, that's 30
Unfortunately, after years, no one seemed to be needing my painting services, but I kept e-mailing the Painting Agency anyway, hoping for the next opportunity. They've never bothered to reply, until today!
I've almost forgotten that I've been marketing myself to them for years because the constant e-mailing is hardly a hard work anymore. I can send the e-mail nowadays even if I'm half asleep.
So I was given the details of the assignment and the package. After the assignment, it looks like I'll be able to afford, err, about... two dozen pencils. I was very close to turning it down but stopped myself. I've been pestering them for three years now, and when they suddenly open their door to me, I can't possibly turn it down. The assignment is pretty easy. I don't even have to paint the whole wall. Only a door. Who knows, I could be asked to paint 3,000 doors soon, right?
The assignment is scheduled tomorrow. I'm not sure yet if this is the beginning of a good thing, but I'm wishing myself good luck.
Comments