"I'm Superman but I Can't Fly"
I used to be a hopeless listener. So now, for 98% of the time, I'm happy that I've learned to listen better, which is probably helped by my job; the other 2% of the time, I secretly wish for a more refreshing experience.
Sometimes I'd sit in one corner thinking, god, I hope today will be a good listening experience. I hope I get to listen to people who actually do what they say, if not more. I hope today I won't cross paths with anyone who claims to earn a six-figure income but still tracks every last cent at the same time. Or anyone who claims to live a healthy lifestyle and thinks it's their right to shame others for adding another scoop of cream to their coffee. All the healthy lifestyles should reduce the level of rudeness. We can call it a healthy brain.
Though these are probably things I merely witness rather than experience, it's still kind of tiring to hear and see.
Then I feel guiltywhineyembarrassed. I should just be thankful that I still can hear.
I'm not asking people to change to suit my world (I hope I don't act like I am). We are all different, and changing people shouldn't have a place on my to-do list. I'd be grateful if I could change my own bad habits first.
I'm just hoping that today, please, please let it be a different, new experience. I don't care that we are supposed to choose, because right now I just want my lucky break.
Sometimes I'd sit in one corner thinking, god, I hope today will be a good listening experience. I hope I get to listen to people who actually do what they say, if not more. I hope today I won't cross paths with anyone who claims to earn a six-figure income but still tracks every last cent at the same time. Or anyone who claims to live a healthy lifestyle and thinks it's their right to shame others for adding another scoop of cream to their coffee. All the healthy lifestyles should reduce the level of rudeness. We can call it a healthy brain.
Though these are probably things I merely witness rather than experience, it's still kind of tiring to hear and see.
Then I feel guiltywhineyembarrassed. I should just be thankful that I still can hear.
I'm not asking people to change to suit my world (I hope I don't act like I am). We are all different, and changing people shouldn't have a place on my to-do list. I'd be grateful if I could change my own bad habits first.
I'm just hoping that today, please, please let it be a different, new experience. I don't care that we are supposed to choose, because right now I just want my lucky break.
Comments