The Hills and The City
Saturday night + not much thinking required + nice dresses + music = The City S1 marathon.
I saw a couple episodes of The Hills before and felt indifferent about it. Then one of my favourite blogs writes a bit about both The Hills and The City, so now my brain is picking them up (again). This is a theme, by the way. If I say no to a TV show the first time, what you need to do is just ask again.
I do hope they stop labelling the shows 'reality TV', though. I can still close one eye if other supposedly 'reality' TVs are actually scripted. But The Hills and The City, 'reality'? With dialogue that may go, "Hi! How are you? We haven't met for years. Wow, random. Totally didn't expect to see you here. Oh, look what you already have on you -- a microphone!" And like Olivia 'socials' Palermo and Lauren Conrad really have a desk in an office.
While we love the shows' (esp Lauren Conrad's) clothes, it's so easy to dislike the characters. I don't think I've ever seen a show with not a single male character to root for, until I saw these two. The easiest choice to dislike on The City? Jay. Then we also see Alex again, who always looks like his mind is floating elsewhere half of the time. He was pretty normal during the first 10 seconds he was introduced on The Hills, but after that he was kind of running his own spin-off.
So if you 1) need shows to watch while exercising 2) want to be annoyed by men 3) while admiring shoes, dresses and more shoes, go to mtv.com and watch both of these. Do it, it's good for the metabolism.
Image: MTV

Comments