Game of Thrones 7, Episode 4
THE SPOILS OF WAR
THE TOP FIVE THINGS THAT MATTER THIS WEEK:
1 The cave drawings.
2 The show nudging us to the direction of Daenerys-Jon romantic relationship: the subtle touch, the tension, and Davos playing the old matchmaker uncle. NO, SHOW, STOP IT. And everyone, help me, I’m too small to stop these two moving trains from colliding.
3 Arya coming home. The reunion with Sansa was not overdone. And the whole fight scene with Brienne -- with Littlefinger watching, speechless and trying hard not to show his surprise and worry -- was great.
4 Jon-Theon reunion. In moments of weakness, I’d have a soft spot for Theon when I forgot that he betrayed the Starks when they needed him; took Winterfell when the castle was poorly defended; executed Ser Rodrik Cassel; got Maester Luwin killed; killed two farm boys, pretending that he had killed Bran and Rickon; and caused Osha, Hodor and two helpless kids to flee their home to save their lives. We are all broken people, dammit.
5 The battle scene. My favourite of the series has always been Hardhome ie Jon, the Night’s Watch and the wildlings vs the Night King and his army.
And this episode's battle -- with the dragon (that I'm still not convinced can befriend humans), huge moments for Bronn, The Rains of Castamere playing in the background when the Dothraki were taunting Tyrion that his "people can't fight", and mostly the satisfaction of need-to-burn-something-revenge-because-I'm-probably-petty -- is kind of ok too.
This is a great episode.
THE TOP FIVE THINGS THAT MATTER THIS WEEK:
1 The cave drawings.
2 The show nudging us to the direction of Daenerys-Jon romantic relationship: the subtle touch, the tension, and Davos playing the old matchmaker uncle. NO, SHOW, STOP IT. And everyone, help me, I’m too small to stop these two moving trains from colliding.
3 Arya coming home. The reunion with Sansa was not overdone. And the whole fight scene with Brienne -- with Littlefinger watching, speechless and trying hard not to show his surprise and worry -- was great.
4 Jon-Theon reunion. In moments of weakness, I’d have a soft spot for Theon when I forgot that he betrayed the Starks when they needed him; took Winterfell when the castle was poorly defended; executed Ser Rodrik Cassel; got Maester Luwin killed; killed two farm boys, pretending that he had killed Bran and Rickon; and caused Osha, Hodor and two helpless kids to flee their home to save their lives. We are all broken people, dammit.
5 The battle scene. My favourite of the series has always been Hardhome ie Jon, the Night’s Watch and the wildlings vs the Night King and his army.
And this episode's battle -- with the dragon (that I'm still not convinced can befriend humans), huge moments for Bronn, The Rains of Castamere playing in the background when the Dothraki were taunting Tyrion that his "people can't fight", and mostly the satisfaction of need-to-burn-something-revenge-because-I'm-probably-petty -- is kind of ok too.
This is a great episode.


Comments