Movies

Half of my family is at my hometown this weekend, and I'm here in my bedroom in front of my PC. I could not join them this week, and it makes me a tiny bit homesick. My sisters dropped by my place this morning to pick up some stuff and have breakfast with me before heading out. It was raining 🌧 ... Then we said goodbye 😩... Ok, drama. But raise your hand if you, too, get homesick more often as you get older.

Anyway.

I made two huge glasses of watermelon juice and resorted to movies today. (Should I be worried if I found a giant glass from a certain fast food chain in my kitchen today without knowing how it got there?)

I've been going part movie-roulette, part fixing my zombie-deprivation state, part I-watch-it-because-Colin-Egglesfield-is-in-it.


1) A movie with no spoilers on the internet.

This is a roulette. I've never heard of this movie before.

As usual, I have to read the plot summary before I watch a movie. There's no such thing as 'the thrill of finding out what happens' or 'being surprised' with me. I can't wait two hours.

But I couldn't find any spoilers for this one on the internet! It doesn't even have a Wikipedia page. IMDb does put up a short description, and that's it. Ok, you'd probably say there's a reason for it. No, this is not a bad movie at all.

Was I tortured for one hour and thirty-one minutes not knowing what was next.

The movie is about a woman who's having a bad day, then meets a man who tries to turn it around. I couldn't sit still not knowing who this man actually was. What was his motive? The actor is probably not your typical Hollywood leading man, but you'll gradually be drawn to him as the movie progresses until he reveals his secret.

I went from:
Is he a dead husband? Or she a dead wife? Like The Sixth Sense?
Is he / she an imaginary boyfriend / girlfriend?


to:
Is one of them suffering from Alzheimer's? Amnesia? 50 First Dates?

My heart skipped a beat when he said, "I'm a _____."

OMG this is like Meet Joe Black!

I'm possibly as vague as IMDb right now.

But it was a good movie.

(Or could it be because I didn't read the spoilers made the movie better?)


2) 28 Days Later
3) 28 Weeks Later

These two are next on my list.

Are they good or even better than The Walking Dead? I've never liked zombie / post-apocalyptic movies before until I saw The Walking Dead. OMG it's going to be ages before the next season comes out, so I'm zombie-deprived now.


4) A movie starring Colin Egglesfield.

Comments