"We Found What We Were Looking For." - Wise People

*Nods meaningfully.*

The process of looking for some red thread has taught me that today.

First, I can't sew just like I can't cook, but I believe in the power of visualization. I get up very quickly from bed every morning, visualizing what breakfast I'm going to have that day.

Second, I have this loose Thai pants that I wear to sleep that is a bit too long. I've been wearing it for quite some time, but today I thought the extra length was bothering me.

So I was all ambitious and cut the legs off, folded and ironed the hem nicely, and took out the sewing kit that I must have gotten from a hotel somewhere.

Halfway sewing* (*stitching), I ran out of red thread. I could continue using other colour thread but that would risk me losing sleep at night.

I checked around the house, in case, just in case, I had subconsciously prepared myself for this situation and taken every sewing kit I found every time I slept in a hotel. Unfortunately, it looks like that was the only time I thought taking home a sewing kit was a good idea. I usually take the shower caps 😙.

Then I realized this pants came with a red string that was too long.

Lightbulb!

I cut the string, carefully took out the threads that were sewn on it... and voila, I got myself some red threads.

Only...

They were still not enough. For half an hour I almost gave up. I almost went out just to buy the thread -- because I was short by a few inches, on a very strange day that I decided to try my hand at sewing, after the trouble I went through taking out the threads from the string. If you haven't noticed, I have to win this. This is an important mission.

Then I noticed the cloth that covers my fridge was red too. I almost screamed in joy. So I stood in front of the fridge for 10 minutes, taking out the thread from one side of the cloth.

Another 10 minutes later, my pants were all sewn up.

(Ok, actually, there were about two inches on each leg sewn with grey thread because I was short, still, but I just didn't want to go to the fridge again.)

Comments