Pop Culture
- I was born tone-deaf and with two left feet. But sometimes when I'm alone in my car or in my room, I do alright.
- I'm currently
listening to Grenade. - I have to blog my thoughts on Justin Bi*b*r and pop culture:
Come on, whether you are 30 or 50, you were 15 once. At some point in your life, you must have been into pop culture too. And admit it, there are things that you are embarrassed about obsessing or find funny now: hairstyle, way of networking, choice of music, clothes and more! Let the today's 15-year-olds have their time, shall we? The bowl-cut hair? Please, we soo... have seen the '80s. I don't want to name names, but God was probably mad at the whole entertainment industry that decade, those hair and music videos were born as punishment...
I thank God for not making me obsessed with [name boy bands or scary looking rock bands] during school, though, or I guess most importantly for sending me to boarding school so I didn't get to watch much TV. I know someone who I have reason to believe still keeps her NKOTB merchandise till today. I think about this every time I see her.
Having said that, I do have some embarrassing playlists or obsessions as well. OMG I refuse to admit whether they include... Oh stop it fingers! Stop typing!
Pop culture is fun. It affects us at varying degrees and different ages. With a heavy heart, I admit that in my case, I love it more now than I did when I was younger (hello, Twilight!). And you think the reason I blog anonymously is because I'm ugly? Please. Blogging anonymously means 10 years from now when I'm sitting next to two people -- let's say they are --
So 15 years from now, these Justin Bi*b*r's screaming tween fans might... Owh forget them, I don't know what is going to happen to me
Comments