Selamat Hari Raya

At last I decided to do something unacceptable (to some) this year -- not buying any baju raya. Thought of getting a ready-made this year, then in that very short time I got the chance to look around, I couldn't find any that I liked. Should have got it tailor-made... And the cycle continues.

But -- I still have clothes to wear! And since most of my old kebayas were acquired during my not so frugal mode, this is their chance to prove their worth.

Another thing that I'd like to report is, I didn't win the bid to get ten jars of that super yummy pineapple tart this year. Thankfully I still got two. While I'm ok with no new baju raya, I've yet to find out if I can survive with only two jars of this tart. Click on the link and drool.

I'm looking forward for raya anyway because I love my mother's cooking (fine, spending time with the family is nice too). I love that most of the time, raya or not, I'd usually be the one (well, I love to claim so) helping my mother to get the groceries or things for raya, driving her to Bazaar Ramadhan etc and cleaning the house. It's the little things. (Though most of the time I would love to just lie down in front of the TV and do nothing too.)

Speaking of TV, I'm bringing my ASTRO-card-with-movie-package home, as my mother's doesn't have the movie package (but it has National Geographic yo!). I heard we just need to change the card, right? Don't tell me we need to bring the dish as well. There are about 7,235 ASTRO dishes on my building's wall. I just don't want to take the wrong one after the hassle of climbing.

Anyway, Selamat Hari Raya, everyone. Hope you'll have a good time.

Comments