100 Things I Am Grateful For

I've just (re-)read a couple pages of The Secret. So like a true The Secret convert (it's not difficult to spot us, we have a bright light hovering over our heads), I'm writing down my gratitude list.

Plus, I just saw a '100 Things I Am Grateful For' in one of my favourite blogs' archives, so, of course, I should post one too. Naturally, some on my list are inspired by hers.

And since I'm hungry right now, half of it may or may not be about food:


1) My reliable, comfortable enough, tiny car.

2) My comfortable enough bed and firm mattress.

3) My bookcases near the window. My favourite spot to take pictures for the blog. It has the best lighting.

4) Flat sandals.










5) My family. (Ok, this list is not in order. I think.)

6) ... which comes my mother's cooking.

7) Twilight books. I now read and watch vampire books and movies.










8) TV. The best tool to help you conserve calories.

9)

10) Raw vegetables. They are yummy and hassle-free.

11) ... and especially kampung veggies that mostly only need to be boiled: jantung pisang, pegaga, pucuk ulam raja, pucuk ubi. Best things ever grown on earth.

12) Oreos and milk. There's no way I'm not mentioning this.











13) Bobbi Brown and Dermalogica. Apparently my crutches.

14) ... (and though they can put a hole in my pocket), they can actually last me forever.

15) Loyal friends.

16) Grilled lamb. I'm drooling now.

17) ... and carbonara marinara. Drooling again.

18) My favourite blogs.

19) My favourite book authors.

20) Aeroplanes.

21) Taking swimming lessons many years ago.

22) Beaches.

23) Travelling and new places to discover.

24)

25)

26)

27) I can be stubborn. At times, it comes in handy.

28) Coffee.

29) Cili padi, tartar sauce and kicap.

30) Dresses. Airy, pretty and mostly do not need ironing.

31) My work bag, my trusted work companion. We would be hand in hand day in and out, hopefully doing useful things together. Yes, my work (and life) is so interesting, I have bags as companions.













32) Mobile phone.

33) Eating out. The easiest activity my friends and I can resort to.

34) My PC and the internet.

35) Architecture.

36)

37) My bachelor's degree, though it's now busy collecting dust.

38) Those times when I have the chance to give or help others.

39)

40) My room.

41) Playing cards.










42)

43) Flexi working hours.

44) Good movies, from The Shawshank Redemption to Little Miss Sunshine.

45) McDonald's drive-thru.

46) That I mind my own business. (No need to verify this.)

47) That I have some sense of creativity.

48) That my fashion sense is pretty acceptable, on most days.

49) That I'm able to laugh.

50) Hilarious kids' videos.

51) Mango, chiku and cempedak (goreng). Best fruits on earth.

52) My new printer.

53)

54) That I can cook some dishes.

55) The colours black, white, brown and blue.

56) Nasi lemak.

57) Kaya and butter toast.

58) Roadside hot dogs where you can ask for extra mayonnaise!

59) Hot showers, the pillar of a good day.

60) Sambal belacan.

61) Sambal tempoyak udang pucuk ubi (ok, maybe I'm overdoing this).

62) Peep-toe pumps for work.

63) Safe and nice neighbourhood with amenities within walking distance, though I'd still take the car.

64) I live in a 10-minute-drive-to-city-centre suburb.

65) My camera. It records loads of fun family pictures.

66) Levi's. They make flattering cuts.













67) Clutches. They are awesome and pretty.

68) My work and the paychecks.

69) My independence.

70) My sense of direction. Usually.

71) My clients.

72) The quiet kopitiam near my house.










73) Contact lenses. I hate glasses, even sunglasses.

74) Cheesecake.

75) That I was born healthy and still am.

76) Ampang Home Town Yong Tow Foo for its hot, delicious cili fish and asam cili.

77) Bread butter pudding at hotel buffets.

78) Every organ, sense and part of my body.

79) That I like to include people.

80)

81) Dreams and ambition.

82) Music. It makes my day.

83) The chances and opportunities to be better and to correct mistakes.

84) History and culture.

85) ... though I usually have no problem ignoring closing the past chapters in my life.

86) The nice, cool weather.

87) Desperate Housewives.

88) Dark comedy.

89) My trusted shawl and cardigan.

90) Vincci. They make pretty shoes affordable.

91) My favourite kebaya tailor for eight years. Dodgy shop, bad at deadlines, superb cut.

92) Baju kurung that my mother makes.

93) That I appreciate privacy and personal choice.

94) That I make effort to recycle, reuse and reduce.

95) The blog.

96) My sanity. How much doesn't matter.

97) Reliable hair straightener and black rubber bands. They save many days.

98)

99) Fireworks.

100)


XX.

Comments