Rice Mask

Once, the beauty therapist at LD suggested I try a hot mask. I almost squealed in delight because it was apparently made from oats! Oh, the heat and texture!

I can't eat oats. I've tried and kept buying a bag. I'd make a bowl, pick up a spoon, sit at the table and be proud of my optimism. Yeap, maybe next time.

I'd look at the huge oat bag and be glad that I can still make facial mask from it, but that never happened either.

Also, lately, I found a huge satisfaction from sewing the simple things that I didn't know I could: the hem of my pajama pants, a one-inch tear on my shirt, too much arm(pit) showing or back opening on a new blouse. I look at the stitches results with the same admiration I'd give to a self-assembled boat.


This year, one of the maaany things I want to do is to make things with my hands (sort of). This week, I made a rice + turmeric face mask. Things you do when you have too much time... You soak and grind the rice with lesung batu covered in plastic (because you used it to crush cili api before), you apply the paste carefully on your face (one wrong move, your house will be covered with YELLOW rice rain), you lie down for 10 minutes enjoying the cold sensation and because you can't do anything else, you move carefully again to the bathroom and collect all the rice on your face, making sure they won't clog your sink, you wipe your face with love and anticipation, and find your face turns out to be... abso-lutely the same!


I'm not sure if I'll make it again, but if I do, I should probably use rice flour.

Happy New Year.

Comments