Movies, TV, Golden Globes
Yes, I'll do more, after all these shows and movies.
(Photo by Olena Sergienko on Unsplash, altered)
I haven't seen any of the movies from this year's award season yet, though I knew I wanted Argo to win for Drama. This was before I heard about Zero Dark Thirty. Now I want both of them to win. According to the internet, and the world apparently, Best Actor will go to Daniel Day-Lewis. But it will be nice* if Joaquin Phoenix wins instead (*miracle). Come on Golden Globes, surprise us. Sigh. I wish I got to see these movies before the Monday's show so I can vote (in my head) for my favourites. (Seriously, how do I get my opinion counted, HFPA? Text voting?)
The Musical and Comedy category has the best titles, by the way: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, Silver Linings Playbook. I probably want to see them all, but from the trailer alone, I want to see that Marigold Hotel first, please.
I think Homeland is going to win again for TV. But The Newsroom, which I watched for a total of half episode, is new -- many eyes are probably on it. I'm excited seeing Smash nominated. And, of course, I love Downton Abbey -- season 3 just started this week. My favourite parts from the first episode are 1) when Matthew says he wants "to live a simple life after the wedding" and 2) when they are discussing Branson's clothes at the dinner table. LOL. Professor McGonagall, why do you always have the best lines? Suits started this week too, but I missed it. So I can’t wait for the rerun this Saturday. And I just saw World Without End yesterday. I knew it was going to be depressing, just like Pillars of the Earth, but I knew I was still going to follow it too.
_____
p/s Update: My favourite dresses at the Globes were Kate Hudson's and Nicole Kidman's, both in black Alexander McQueen.
_____
p/p/s I'm positive you do want to know that I recently discovered Merlin. I was doing some work in front of the TV, not really sure what was happening on it. But I saw this scene where a group of knights (or was it the bad guys?) trying to secretly enter a castle, all wearing RED. CAPE. Yes, not a mix of green and grey camouflage with a tiny red badge on the chest, not even a red shirt with green pants. But a huuuge red cape.
The show is not hard to follow. You can be sure that the good guys win at the end of the episodes. And oh, the bromance between Arthur and Merlin is, at least, fine. It's part of the easy storyline.
So I went to Wikipedia for the summary, as usual, and found out that the show had just ended, though. Its last episode aired a day before Christmas last week. And guys, Arthur dies in the finale(!), which is totally uncalled for if you ask me.
Comments