Say Yes and You'll Live Happily Ever After

If you are one of my clients, chances are you are one lucky soul -- I probably love you like I love my wardrobe, makeup kit, tiny library and travel souvenirs.

I'll take your expectations and interests seriously, and I'll make you happy and all warm and safe with the services I provide you. I want you to be in awe of my charm and nod in agreement when I'm imparting my wisdom to you.

So it breaks my heart if you are less than happy with my work.

How a company handles three million clients, I have no idea. I can't stand two people pouting at me.

Just like this post, pretend that I'm a stylist for the purpose of this post and you pay me to style you. While I won't be able to control what the fashion police says about your look, I can advise you of your options. We can explore and make decisions based on your preferences, what would look good on you, and what event you are going to attend. If your goal is A, we'll adopt action A. If your goal is B, we'll go for action B.

However, in order to give these options a chance to work, you must first employ them.

I'm going to have a meeting with Mr White tomorrow.

I want to visualize only the good things right now because Mr White and I know we used to have a better work relationship in the past. I want to do the right thing for him. I've been thinking about the meeting for half of the day, and I hate to admit it that it took a little bit of joy out of my day today until I had my dinner in front of the TV with three final episodes of The Bachelorette on (it turned out to be a very loooong dinner). Not that I love the show or anything.

But you would give a serious thought to the idea of having twenty-five men getting in line for you at one time.

I mean, they also went to Tahiti.


While I was in the shower trying to wash away my... sorrow, I remember hearing someone say something about "turning a problem into an opportunity".

How do I turn this into an opportunity?

Can I ask him to move forward, revamp his wardrobe, and buy more clothes?

I'm writing a speech in my head right now, and tomorrow he's going to say yes to whatever I say.

Oh, that show. The epitome of logic.

Comments