Magic Tricks and Potions
We women try thousands of beauty products and tricks in our lifetime. If we are lucky, we would turn into another statistic in a marketing campaign for only half of the time. But that has never dampened our spirit, has it? With a renewed hope and heightened giddiness, we'll move on to another product, or just stay with the same moisturizer or shampoo because we just have to, to at least look like a normal person living in the 21st century.
Sometimes, though, we do find things that we like.
On my list today, they include:
1) Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit.
2) Shampooing twice. First with shampoo that "cleanses" your hair, then with shampoo that "moisturizes".
3) Makeup base.
I wrote about it here. As much as I don't like the idea because that just means more makeup expenses for me, unfortunately they do make a difference. While I've never tried other brands, I like these two: Strobe Cream and Prep + Prime from M.A.C.
4) Bobbi Brown lip gloss in Crystal.
So, makeup is supposed to expire, right? But not only does this one that I'm using feel light and give just the right gloss that I want, it also lasts me forever! I don't know how it works, but I've been using from this same tube for -- I think -- more than seven years. Okay, don't scream yet. It has never given me any infection (because that's totally where you draw the line), and the texture is still perfect. If it ain't broke, why fix it. Oh come on, you've done grosser things.
5) Scrub / exfoliator is probably our best friend.
I have to admit this: it was only recently that I started to exfoliate my skin regularly. I mean, how could I put this on my agenda? I was busy saving the world.
I really loved Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant but recently was told by a client(!) that with exfoliators you can still get the same results with a cheaper brand as long as you use them consistently. So, currently I'm using St Ives Apricot Scrub Gentle for sensitive skin. This, too, can be used daily.
6) The U-shaped bobby pins / French pins are pretty magic.
They have no fasteners, no ties, no glues, no buttons, yet they can hold your hair twist the whole day.
7) Schwarzkopf* OSIS+ does a pretty good job holding a curl.
*I've no idea how to pronounce Schwarzkopf.
8) Getting enough sleep that includes from 11PM to 3AM does the skin good. Do this four nights in a row, and we should start seeing the difference, so I was told.
This is great and easy in theory.
9) The Tracy Anderson workout is probably the only exercise that doesn't make me want to kick someone.
10) Nivea Firming Body Lotion Q10 Plus.
Image: bobbibrown.com
Sometimes, though, we do find things that we like.
On my list today, they include:
1) Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit.
2) Shampooing twice. First with shampoo that "cleanses" your hair, then with shampoo that "moisturizes".
3) Makeup base.
I wrote about it here. As much as I don't like the idea because that just means more makeup expenses for me, unfortunately they do make a difference. While I've never tried other brands, I like these two: Strobe Cream and Prep + Prime from M.A.C.
4) Bobbi Brown lip gloss in Crystal.
So, makeup is supposed to expire, right? But not only does this one that I'm using feel light and give just the right gloss that I want, it also lasts me forever! I don't know how it works, but I've been using from this same tube for -- I think -- more than seven years. Okay, don't scream yet. It has never given me any infection (because that's totally where you draw the line), and the texture is still perfect. If it ain't broke, why fix it. Oh come on, you've done grosser things.
5) Scrub / exfoliator is probably our best friend.
I have to admit this: it was only recently that I started to exfoliate my skin regularly. I mean, how could I put this on my agenda? I was busy saving the world.
I really loved Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant but recently was told by a client(!) that with exfoliators you can still get the same results with a cheaper brand as long as you use them consistently. So, currently I'm using St Ives Apricot Scrub Gentle for sensitive skin. This, too, can be used daily.
6) The U-shaped bobby pins / French pins are pretty magic.
They have no fasteners, no ties, no glues, no buttons, yet they can hold your hair twist the whole day.
7) Schwarzkopf* OSIS+ does a pretty good job holding a curl.
*I've no idea how to pronounce Schwarzkopf.
8) Getting enough sleep that includes from 11PM to 3AM does the skin good. Do this four nights in a row, and we should start seeing the difference, so I was told.
This is great and easy in theory.
9) The Tracy Anderson workout is probably the only exercise that doesn't make me want to kick someone.
10) Nivea Firming Body Lotion Q10 Plus.
Image: bobbibrown.com

Comments