The Wedding, the Dinner Party and the Class

So this week I'll be attending a Refresher Class, a dinner party the night after, and that wedding 300km from KL the following day. Yours truly, driving again.

UPDATE:

The wedding -- well, you already knew pretty much everything about weddings: the food is usually good.

The dinner party -- as much as I don't want to buy anything new to wear just for an event, at the very last minute I'd usually accept defeat. Four hours before the event started, my vain a** was still running from one shop to another looking for things to wear.

I ended up sneaking into the party during the Guest of Honour's toast. I doubt anybody noticed or cared, anyway, about my late entrance. I showed up and now I have a new dress, so life is good. Remind me to skip this next time, please.

But I kind of like the guest gift -- some cool camping tool, or probably a rolling pin, depending on how you look at it. Only that, I don't camp (or roll bread). Or maybe I will, if you count the one or two things that Lyle and I had planned. If that requires any camping (or bread rolling) at all. But that's like a million years from now. We might end up just sipping coffee from morning till night while doing something else (reads: absolutely nothing).

The Refresher Class -- I suspect I did have a good time overall, meeting old friends and getting to know some new ones.

Still, remind me to skip these events next time, please. Thank you.

- I was a lil' curious about all the hype on J.CO Donuts, so my sister and I went there today. When we were in the queue, we planned to just have one doughnut (and one latte each). We ended up with eight.

Comments