Baju Kurung, Kebaya and Clutch
My mother complains thinks I've been wearing the same baju kurung / kebaya for too many years (besides, of course, how tight or inappropriate-for-the-occasion the kebayas are). I'm going to hang on to those baju kurung forever, by the way, they were made by her.
The thing we already knew about baju kurung or kebaya -- they can be really expensive. One that you really, really like may cost you at least a couple of hundred RM. (Usually, my mother sews my baju kurung, so that would cost me less 🙇🏻♀️, but not kebaya.) And it's not easy to care for the material or move around in them. Plus, the only times that I'd wear them are during a wedding or raya or a kenduri, none of which I really look forward to.
So, it's only fair that I don't have many of them. But a wedding (this thing never ends) is coming up in about two weeks. So I've already bought some chiffon and satin in black and sent them to my favourite tailor*.
*It's now some of my friends' favourite tailor too, a tiny shop in WCentral that I was introduced to a few years ago, despite the fact that they're very good at screwing up deadlines. (This isn't the same tailor from last raya.)
My brother was in Indonesia for his uni project last month and got me this batik clutch. The first thing that came to my mind was, this could be a kopiah. But it's one pretty clutch. I'm going to wear it with the new kebaya.
Ok, at least there's one thing that I honestly like about weddings. No, not the fact that I get to dress up. You really think I'm that vain? *Rolls eyes*. I was about to say, food.
The thing we already knew about baju kurung or kebaya -- they can be really expensive. One that you really, really like may cost you at least a couple of hundred RM. (Usually, my mother sews my baju kurung, so that would cost me less 🙇🏻♀️, but not kebaya.) And it's not easy to care for the material or move around in them. Plus, the only times that I'd wear them are during a wedding or raya or a kenduri, none of which I really look forward to.
So, it's only fair that I don't have many of them. But a wedding (this thing never ends) is coming up in about two weeks. So I've already bought some chiffon and satin in black and sent them to my favourite tailor*.
*It's now some of my friends' favourite tailor too, a tiny shop in WCentral that I was introduced to a few years ago, despite the fact that they're very good at screwing up deadlines. (This isn't the same tailor from last raya.)
My brother was in Indonesia for his uni project last month and got me this batik clutch. The first thing that came to my mind was, this could be a kopiah. But it's one pretty clutch. I'm going to wear it with the new kebaya.
Ok, at least there's one thing that I honestly like about weddings. No, not the fact that I get to dress up. You really think I'm that vain? *Rolls eyes*. I was about to say, food.
Comments