Weekend
So the weekend's over. I spent a few hours over the weekend with a friend to plan for our (August?) trip. Two coffee shops later, we were no near to booking any flight or even deciding on a date. But we had fun reading Tripadvisor for hotel recommendations. I think.
Not that we are being choosy here. We'll just be two easy-to-please backpackers who appreciate the local culture and nature above anything else and will accept any decent room for the night provided it
is
And all this must be within our tiny budget, of course.
Then we took a break.
We'll see.
Tomorrow's Oscars must be the reason HBO and Star Movies are finally coming out with movies that we want to watch.
One of my favourites is Blood Diamond. In my mind, Leonardo DiCaprio is still Jack Dawson, so this new side of him is surprising and excellent.
I don't think, however, I could see diamonds the same way again.
Image: Warner Bros. Pictures
Not that we are being choosy here. We'll just be two easy-to-please backpackers who appreciate the local culture and nature above anything else and will accept any decent room for the night provided it
is
- located right within a five-minute walk to the beach, shopping spots and cool restaurants, but not too near to the airport, of course, or any other sources of noise.
- mosquito-free.
- not using suspicious-looking lock.
- nice spa and pool.
- Wi-Fi service.
- delicious continental breakfast served until 11.
- reliable shuttle to everywhere and anywhere.
- seaview room and a private beach. Or a surfing beach.
- brightly lit hallway.
- air conditioner that actually works.
- satellite TV.
- nice bathroom with spotless bathtub.
- not look boring.
And all this must be within our tiny budget, of course.
Then we took a break.
We'll see.
_____
Tomorrow's Oscars must be the reason HBO and Star Movies are finally coming out with movies that we want to watch.
One of my favourites is Blood Diamond. In my mind, Leonardo DiCaprio is still Jack Dawson, so this new side of him is surprising and excellent.
I don't think, however, I could see diamonds the same way again.
Image: Warner Bros. Pictures

Comments