Brunch to Book, +Etc
I had my favourite bread butter pudding, soup and coffee for the longest of hours at GEM yesterday, alone, when no one seemed to be in town for the long weekend (it was a conspiracy). I was about to head home when finally my slow-moving brain suggested I go watch movie instead.
Despite a packed cinema and a ridiculously long queue, I managed to get a good seat for 2.30's The Eye (a few minutes before it started, and I had no idea what the movie was about), 4.30's Sweeney Todd (no idea either) and 6.30's Mad Money.
So the movie started, and The Eye was... tadaaa... a HORROR movie! I don't do horror movies. Not that they scare me or anything. Mind you, I'm a huge (not to mention annoying) skeptic, but this was not something I expected. This is a misrepresentation from the poster's side since it didn't really spit a clue. There was only an image of a huge eye with a hand coming out of it... ok, I should have known.
So there I was, squeezed in my seat, tortured.
Let this be a lesson: any movie with a title that starts with "The", followed by a single word, must be a horror movie -- The Grudge, The Ring...
One saving grace, however, Jessica Alba's clothes and apartment in the movie are pretty. In fact, I want a new bedsheet just like hers right now.
I rushed out to (Vincci and bought a pair of sandals before going to) the next hall to catch Sweeney Todd and missed the first few minutes of the movie. To my surprise, it was a musical. I was so behind.
But Johnny Depp's singing, especially, and Helena Bonham Carter's "The worst pies in London..." was a nice surprise until he started using his shiny razor to slash throats(!), one after another, spraying blood everywhere. Mrs Lovett is delighted, of course. Her pie business is now hugely popular. When she sang "Seems a downright shame... If you get it..." meaningfully, I was in trauma.
Though I actually craved for a big beef and potato curry puff with hot steaming coffee right after.
On my way home, I stopped by GEM again, had a huge bowl of delicious kari laksa* for dinner, and went to MPH to get a copy of The Edge and Harper's Bazaar.
On my way to the cashier, my eyes fell on this row of huge, glossy books with the name Sophie Kinsella engraved on them with the title 'Remember Me?'.
OMG! Of course, I do remember you!
Sophie Kinsella has a new book, people!
I grabbed the brand new, looking fresh from the oven book and stayed up the whole night reading it. Just finished it this morning.
*My favourite kari laksa is from The Chicken Rice Shop, which my friends find weird. I think so too. But it's delicious.
Despite a packed cinema and a ridiculously long queue, I managed to get a good seat for 2.30's The Eye (a few minutes before it started, and I had no idea what the movie was about), 4.30's Sweeney Todd (no idea either) and 6.30's Mad Money.
So the movie started, and The Eye was... tadaaa... a HORROR movie! I don't do horror movies. Not that they scare me or anything. Mind you, I'm a huge (not to mention annoying) skeptic, but this was not something I expected. This is a misrepresentation from the poster's side since it didn't really spit a clue. There was only an image of a huge eye with a hand coming out of it... ok, I should have known.
So there I was, squeezed in my seat, tortured.
Let this be a lesson: any movie with a title that starts with "The", followed by a single word, must be a horror movie -- The Grudge, The Ring...
One saving grace, however, Jessica Alba's clothes and apartment in the movie are pretty. In fact, I want a new bedsheet just like hers right now.
I rushed out to (Vincci and bought a pair of sandals before going to) the next hall to catch Sweeney Todd and missed the first few minutes of the movie. To my surprise, it was a musical. I was so behind.
But Johnny Depp's singing, especially, and Helena Bonham Carter's "The worst pies in London..." was a nice surprise until he started using his shiny razor to slash throats(!), one after another, spraying blood everywhere. Mrs Lovett is delighted, of course. Her pie business is now hugely popular. When she sang "Seems a downright shame... If you get it..." meaningfully, I was in trauma.
Though I actually craved for a big beef and potato curry puff with hot steaming coffee right after.
On my way home, I stopped by GEM again, had a huge bowl of delicious kari laksa* for dinner, and went to MPH to get a copy of The Edge and Harper's Bazaar.
On my way to the cashier, my eyes fell on this row of huge, glossy books with the name Sophie Kinsella engraved on them with the title 'Remember Me?'.
Sophie Kinsella has a new book, people!
I grabbed the brand new, looking fresh from the oven book and stayed up the whole night reading it. Just finished it this morning.
*My favourite kari laksa is from The Chicken Rice Shop, which my friends find weird. I think so too. But it's delicious.
Comments