Should Have Just Popped the (Sleeping) Pills Instead. It's Cheaper, and Lighter.

First, I need to stop reading in bed and sleeping with the lights on just because the switch is far from the bed. So I need a reading lamp.

Second, I need to get a good night's sleep. One that starts latest by 11 and lasts for at least eight hours. This one is a challenge.

I was thinking maybe, maybe some changes to the room would help. So I spent some time going to and fro home furnishing stores this week to accomplish my mission.

After what I didn't intend to be five visits, my bedsheet and quilt cover are now a new blue, white and brown, and my new curtain is dark brown. I've thrown some junk out of my room as well (some get to stay).

It took me some time to part with my old comfy blue blanket (it's still in my cupboard).

The result so far isn't so bad. My room does look nicer. Now what I need to do is cut down on coffee and actually get some sleep.

As I'm writing this, there are only perhaps two things left to get: 1) A new chair for my 'office' 2) Those dried sticks you put in vases instead of flowers. IKEA's selling them in one huge bunch and I only need like 15 pieces. I couldn't think of anything else other than starting a bonfire with the rest.

The thing is, I've just bought a vase, one huge, super-heavy vase that I had to drag around while out for coffee with a friend today. So now, obviously, I need something to go with it. Definitely not flowers. I'd rather buy dresses.

It did cross my mind to get some aromatherapy burners or candles too, which I imagine for calming effect or something, but I crossed it back. It's so not me either. Plus, I don't want to risk burning down the house.

_____


Update:

I've bought the sticks. If you saw a tiny woman struggling to drag a bunch of sticks of at least two metres long and as huge as a Christmas tree (and trying to put them in an equally tiny car) today, that was me. And I thought the vase was heavy.

Comments