Survivor 38, Episode 13

"IDOL OR BUST"


This is the episode which highlight is everyone at Extinction Island receiving a letter from... themselves prior to the game? Sigh. That was so close. Food would be better.

So is it possible that for the first time ever my winner pick actually wins the game? But how will Victoria get there? What kind of magic story she's building in the finale next week to support this? We really haven't seen that much of Victoria, tbh.

But it's still possible for a Victoria win, right? Maybe her FTC story will be "I didn't receive a single vote all season. I was always in the know of where the votes were going. I let people eat each other up because in this era of Survivor, making the flashy move will only get you targeted." Because I don't think Rick is going to win. That will be too easy. And I don't think anyone currently at Extinction Island is going to win either. Besides Reem, we've forgotten about every single one of them. The winner has to be amongst Gavin, Julie, Lauren and Victoria.

The episode starts with Aurora, Gavin, Lauren and Victoria fist-bumping one another in a foursome alliance on the night of Ron vote, with Rick and Julie on the outs.

Gavin wins the reward challenge the next day and picks Victoria and Lauren to enjoy tons of food at a resort with him, which they were flown to by helicopter. At the reward, Gavin and Victoria discuss voting out Julie if Rick wins immunity, which worries Lauren because she's friends with Julie.

What happens next is Rick winning his third immunity and finding another idol. At tribal, it may have appeared that Aurora was voted out because Rick threatened to give the idol to Julie, but I think they were already set on Aurora prior to tribal. There is no "reverse psychology" here.

So in a 5-1 vote, Aurora was sent to Extinction Island:
Gavin, Julie, Lauren, Rick and Victoria voted for Aurora.
Aurora voted for Julie.

This is interesting. Just like last episode when Victoria set the vote against Ron in motion, and this week Lauren did the same with Aurora, at least at tribal, it feels like the moves were credited heavily to Rick instead...

Nope, still don't think Rick wins this season.

Image: CBS

Comments