Change (2)
When I said I'm gradually building my wardrobe with pants, I didn't mean I'm getting tons of those either.
For the past one or two years, I've come to love the idea of a simpler life. And mine includes having a smaller wardrobe. Smaller, not uglier. So if printed on a placard, it would read, "Look my best and have a smaller wardrobe." See, a perfect balance of vanity and seemingly noble philosophy.
There was a short period before that when I was more about "not wasting any more money on things that don't add value." But soon after, I felt that I could do this for more than just money. I was not convinced I'd go with it for long, though. Yes, I feel lighter. I got rid and gave away a lot of my stuff and clothes and started to only buy things that I need / will use / make me happy, but I thought this must be a phase. I must be just temporarily bored. Because do I really want a smaller wardrobe? (Please also note that the needs of a lady who lives in the 21st century differ from the needs of a lady in the Stone Age.) I used to think a shopping trip without a certain number of clothing items was not a success. If I had one million dollars tomorrow, do I still want this?
I had no idea 8 pairs of shoes can make me just as happy and lookthe same as good as 20. If you told me that a few years ago, I'd just nod quietly and avoid eye contact so that I wouldn't hurt your feelings. (But I so can't wait to have that million dollars just to see if this still holds.)
For the past one or two years, I've come to love the idea of a simpler life. And mine includes having a smaller wardrobe. Smaller, not uglier. So if printed on a placard, it would read, "Look my best and have a smaller wardrobe." See, a perfect balance of vanity and seemingly noble philosophy.
There was a short period before that when I was more about "not wasting any more money on things that don't add value." But soon after, I felt that I could do this for more than just money. I was not convinced I'd go with it for long, though. Yes, I feel lighter. I got rid and gave away a lot of my stuff and clothes and started to only buy things that I need / will use / make me happy, but I thought this must be a phase. I must be just temporarily bored. Because do I really want a smaller wardrobe? (Please also note that the needs of a lady who lives in the 21st century differ from the needs of a lady in the Stone Age.) I used to think a shopping trip without a certain number of clothing items was not a success. If I had one million dollars tomorrow, do I still want this?
I had no idea 8 pairs of shoes can make me just as happy and look
Comments