Membership Update

Yay me, I've done 58% of the requirement -- in just three weeks!

Or rather, I did 42 and got waived for 16. What a relief, the other 42% that's still due does not sound so scary now.

The latest I heard, completing the second membership's requirement will only exempt me from the first membership's in the year I complete the second membership. I'm everything about avoiding unnecessary extra work, so I'm saving the second membership's tasks for next year as I'm already halfway through with the first membership for this year.

The three courses / seminars that I went to so far were not so bad.

I was early for the first class, held in the morning. Have not been attending these classes for ages. The class was surprisingly pleasant, which I only realized during the morning tea break. Everyone was nice and friendly; I didn't feel like going back to the classroom. See, I told ya, the morning tea break is always exciting!

The second course was with a huge number of participants in a lecture hall. There was breakfast, which doubled as a 'networking session', before it started. Let's face it, networking seminar-networking isn't really my favourite sport (because we all know my favourite sport is running), so I skipped it. Plus, that extra hour of pretending to be all chirpy does not contribute to the percentage / requirement. See above, unnecessary extra work = avoid. I arrived later and just nodded and smiled as prettily as I could, sneaking in to my seat. When the projector was closed, I smiled left and right again, went home with my probably cold soul *dusts hands*.

The third course was with a small group on a Saturday afternoon. Saturday afternoon, y'all! God, this crowd looked like they had not been sleeping for three days. We didn't say it, but deep down everyone knew everyone in the room wished they were somewhere else. I, as usual, enjoyed the tea time regardless. Since no one was really talking or laughing with each other, I almost grabbed five curry puffs and decided to just be happy about how good my day had been. Instead, I just took two.

Comments