The Two Clubs
The thing about membership and certification, besides making you sound just a liiiittle legit, they make you pay and sit in their courses for hours -- every year!
I don't drink alcohol, but these courses often make me want to. I often fantasize about being high or having some magical powers every time I attend these courses.
I have two memberships to retain.
The first one is actually very important; I have to have it. (So I do feel embarrassed every time I whine about it.) What could be a brilliant strategy, procrastinating, does not make the requirements go away.
The trickier part is, the rule for this year has changed, and they want you to do more. Or actually the jury is still out on this. I can still question or state my case to get away with half of the requirements. But since I can't risk losing this membership, I have to follow the new rules for the time being and work more. Not harder, just more, because this is actually not hard at all. But who in their right mind enjoys sitting in classes? Ok, I do enjoy them at times -- every time I sit down at the beginning of the courses, my eyes flicker with excitement reading this particular line in the schedule: 10.30AM - Morning Tea Break.
However, since I'm a good person, God always gives me options to make my life easier: more than half of my work for this year's first membership will be done if I complete the second membership, which I've pretty much abandoned a few years ago. The bigger reward is, completing the second membership will also complete all the requirements for the first membership, every year, starting from next year. This is too good to pass. I've decided to choose this route.
The catch for the second membership, however, I need to
- settle four years of membership fees in arrears (and this is the easy part).
- complete the last paper, which total number of passes scares me, and which comes with six eight-hour classes. Six. Eight. Hour. Classes. 🤪👎🏼
- (and oh, to retain it) attend courses too!
I don't drink alcohol, but these courses often make me want to. I often fantasize about being high or having some magical powers every time I attend these courses.
I have two memberships to retain.
The first one is actually very important; I have to have it. (So I do feel embarrassed every time I whine about it.) What could be a brilliant strategy, procrastinating, does not make the requirements go away.
The trickier part is, the rule for this year has changed, and they want you to do more. Or actually the jury is still out on this. I can still question or state my case to get away with half of the requirements. But since I can't risk losing this membership, I have to follow the new rules for the time being and work more. Not harder, just more, because this is actually not hard at all. But who in their right mind enjoys sitting in classes? Ok, I do enjoy them at times -- every time I sit down at the beginning of the courses, my eyes flicker with excitement reading this particular line in the schedule: 10.30AM - Morning Tea Break.
However, since I'm a good person, God always gives me options to make my life easier: more than half of my work for this year's first membership will be done if I complete the second membership, which I've pretty much abandoned a few years ago. The bigger reward is, completing the second membership will also complete all the requirements for the first membership, every year, starting from next year. This is too good to pass. I've decided to choose this route.
The catch for the second membership, however, I need to
- settle four years of membership fees in arrears (and this is the easy part).
- complete the last paper, which total number of passes scares me, and which comes with six eight-hour classes. Six. Eight. Hour. Classes. 🤪👎🏼
- (and oh, to retain it) attend courses too!
Comments