NY


How I Met Your Mother

New York, dating mishaps and adventures, five friends, one married couple, one womanizer, and one favourite coffee place / bar -- sounds familiar, sounds like Friends. Friend-dates-a-friend-then-dates-another-and-those-friends-still-hang-out-together-after-breakups formula works on TV.

(Out of aallll... the many TVs that I watch) I only discovered HIMYM early this year after its constant reruns on Star World and Josh Radnor's Happythankyoumoreplease. I spent a few weekends (and many weeknights) after that catching up on the show. The show made me grin and laugh so hard I swear my skin was glowing the next day.


Gossip Girl

I've never really followed Gossip Girl because I can't stand Chuck Bass and his bow tie and the way he speaks as if he has to spell every word. And while I looovve the pretty clothes, I can't tolerate the drama either. Yes, I'm shocked too. But I need TV series to exercise -- at first. After a few episodes, I usually just need the TV series.

To sum Gossip Girl(s) and boys up, again, they only date each other and everyone in the circle. The relationships usually last for two episodes, and the circle is tiny, I tell ya. They practically have to date siblings. By mid-season 3, everyone has broken up with everyone at least twice.

But I know it's just a matter of time before I'd think Nate Archibald is pretty and / or the series would look totally acceptable. Because we know I'm not that hard to please. It's science.

So, by the fourth season, check -- Nate Archibald is pretty. Did you see how incredibly long his eyelashes are? And check -- I can feel Chuck Bass's pain in this Paris train station scene. I buy his expression! Ok, it might be the song too, and the rumpled hair, and the ugly shirt. TV knows what to do with your gullibility.

Comments