Challenge: Watch a Show/Movie Without Reading the Spoilers First -- Suits
chal·lenge
n.
4. A test of one's abilities or resources in a demanding but stimulating undertaking. ~Thefreedictionary.
I rarely watch a movie or a TV show, or read a book, without finding out its summary or how it ends first. Those few times that I didn't were because I couldn't find the info on the internet, and those few times were not good. Sometimes I'd fast forward a DVD to a few crucial scenes, then only I'd watch it again from the beginning. It's only important that I find out the whole story before I watch anything. How else would I know if the next two hours are going to be worth it?
This, everybody, has saved me from movies that I don't like for 98% of the time. The other 2%, unfortunately, includes Schindler's List, which I could only sit to watch for 30 minutes. (I wanted to quit by the 10th minute but coaxed myself not to. It's a WWII movie, which genre I like, and I heard that e-ve-ryone loves Schindler's List.) You'd rarely find me walking out of a cinema complaining that I don't like the movie that I've just spent two hours of my life on. *Looks at people who watch five movies and complain about four and a half.*
So I watched the Suits pilot without knowing how it ends. Sure, it's predictable, but at least I didn't read the spoilers scene by scene while watching the show. This is not something I'll be able to continue doing, though.
(I love Suits. And this blog has the best Suits episode recaps, by the way. The. Best!)
n.
4. A test of one's abilities or resources in a demanding but stimulating undertaking. ~Thefreedictionary.
I rarely watch a movie or a TV show, or read a book, without finding out its summary or how it ends first. Those few times that I didn't were because I couldn't find the info on the internet, and those few times were not good. Sometimes I'd fast forward a DVD to a few crucial scenes, then only I'd watch it again from the beginning. It's only important that I find out the whole story before I watch anything. How else would I know if the next two hours are going to be worth it?
This, everybody, has saved me from movies that I don't like for 98% of the time. The other 2%, unfortunately, includes Schindler's List, which I could only sit to watch for 30 minutes. (I wanted to quit by the 10th minute but coaxed myself not to. It's a WWII movie, which genre I like, and I heard that e-ve-ryone loves Schindler's List.) You'd rarely find me walking out of a cinema complaining that I don't like the movie that I've just spent two hours of my life on. *Looks at people who watch five movies and complain about four and a half.*
So I watched the Suits pilot without knowing how it ends. Sure, it's predictable, but at least I didn't read the spoilers scene by scene while watching the show. This is not something I'll be able to continue doing, though.
(I love Suits. And this blog has the best Suits episode recaps, by the way. The. Best!)
Comments