Movies

Everybody's Fine
Although it did not make me feel fine at all.

The Departed

The Town
I went for a long time thinking this was a ghost movie. It was the poster. I just saw the mask and not the gun. So I didn't watch it until I realized Jeremy Renner was in it. I wish his and Ben Affleck's characters had met a different fate, but they did not, so that makes the ending satisfyingly sad which I'm a sucker for. I probably have a new respect for Ben Affleck now and want to see Gone Baby Gone.

Brothers
It's impossible that Tobey Maguire can be that scary. Also, while I get that Natalie Portman's character in Black Swan is more demanding, I love her performance in Brothers more.

Revolutionary Road
I don't know what I couldn't stand more: My Heart Will Go On or Jack Dawson's hair. People made me watch Titanic. I watched it under duress. But watching it, I was surprised and squealed in awe at... its scale, details, sets, props and the whole production design. I immediately knew what I wanted to be when I grow up -- a Production Designer! I also love Pearl Harbor for the same reason. I think. Definitely not because I love sinking ships or anything.

Thank God, Leonardo DiCaprio then moved to movies like Blood Diamond, Body of Lies, The Departed and now Revolutionary Road.

Revolutionary Road reminds us to inspect our lives. It still makes me want to bury my head under the pillow every time I think about it.

Boy A
Andrew Garfield really is good at playing an awkward, shy, young man. For those who have seen Boy A, didn't you just want to hug him during the first scene when he was receiving that pair of shoes and reassure him that everything was going to be okay?

The Fighter
The movie should be renamed The Fighter's Half Brother. Some of us, myself included, are not into boxing or wrestling movies, let alone one with '90s background. But we should watch this one because Christian Bale as the half brother, Dicky Eklund, is so enjoyable to watch: from the way he speaks, looks at you, and walks, right to his posture, clothes, and frail appearance.

Also, a few movies that I still watch till today:
Sweet Home Alabama
The Shawshank Redemption
Saving Private Ryan

Comments