The Night (3)

So, since there was no parking at this 7-Eleven, I decided to go to the other one, which is a little further, on the other side of the main road.

The road was congested for a housing area tonight. I was approaching the main road to make a U-turn, mostly looking to my right for cars coming that way. As I turned left, suddenly -- shoot! Two people, on my left, walking, were about to hit a car!

Thankfully, I managed to hit the brakes and maneuver the wheel as fast as my mouth could blurt out the appropriate profanity. The car next to mine, coming from the same direction, honked and stopped. I was not sure whether they were honking at me or the jaywalkers.

But nothing bad happened, except that I almost hit the divider, and the jaywalkers magically halted. Two seconds after, life goes on again for everybody.

That was a pretty scary stunt, and I've been tested properly tonight, but I finally got my Maggi goreng kicap and now live happily ever after.

Comments