The Night (2)

I promise you there's nothing particularly interesting about this story that it needs three parts, but here we are.

So, I drove to the 7-Eleven in the area, and man, this place really has changed. When I first moved here after uni (I've never moved out since, told you, love this place), the neighbourhood was very quiet. There were a few rows of shop lots, eating places, banks and clinics etc, but we didn't have any night markets (except during Ramadhan), supermarkets, huge mamak restaurants or a business centre back then.

Now I can't even get a parking space at a 7-Eleven. They now have an 'Uptown' here? Who needs this concept? It's like a new city is born at night in this area. Who are these people??

Since I have no right to complain about the world's need for evolvement and economic expansion -- I'm sure this adds to the tax collection that will benefit me in the end -- I'll stop complaining now. I don't own this place.

Oh, how I wish I owned this place. I'd wrap these tents myself in five minutes.

Comments