The Night (1)
It was 10+ PM. I'd already had bihun goreng, six pieces of peanut butter bread, an apple, coffee and green tea today. So, I wasn't hungry. I just wanted to eat something, like Maggi goreng kicap. The only place that I could think of was 7-Eleven because other places would probably require me to wear actual pants.
I grabbed my cardigan, keys and wallet and went down to my car.
A few things again about my apartment: The neighbourhood is just a 10-minute drive to the city centre. But the apartment is made up of six five-storey buildings, with the ground floor being the parking area, so it's not crowded (or it's not supposed to be). I love the privacy.
A neighbour one floor below me has teenage sons who love to bring their friends to hang out at the staircase, playing with their laptops and cards, and sometimes smoking. Every time they hear footsteps, they'll stupidly hide the cigarettes.
So they were there on the staircase today.
You see, 17-year-olds in Hollywood movies and TV are magically tolerable: Lucas Scott, Edward Cullen, Damon Salvatore. (So, you know, 17 or 400.) The point is, 17-year-olds in real life are not. They are a bunch of lost people who shouldn't be near adults, please. They didn't really bother me directly... but the sight of four kids loitering and making noise, one and a half inches from my feet and butt, in a place that is supposed to be not crowded... ugh, just -- go away already.
I grabbed my cardigan, keys and wallet and went down to my car.
A few things again about my apartment: The neighbourhood is just a 10-minute drive to the city centre. But the apartment is made up of six five-storey buildings, with the ground floor being the parking area, so it's not crowded (or it's not supposed to be). I love the privacy.
A neighbour one floor below me has teenage sons who love to bring their friends to hang out at the staircase, playing with their laptops and cards, and sometimes smoking. Every time they hear footsteps, they'll stupidly hide the cigarettes.
So they were there on the staircase today.
You see, 17-year-olds in Hollywood movies and TV are magically tolerable: Lucas Scott, Edward Cullen, Damon Salvatore. (So, you know, 17 or 400.) The point is, 17-year-olds in real life are not. They are a bunch of lost people who shouldn't be near adults, please. They didn't really bother me directly... but the sight of four kids loitering and making noise, one and a half inches from my feet and butt, in a place that is supposed to be not crowded... ugh, just -- go away already.
Comments