Dear John, The Book
(Continued from this post.)
2) Dear John, Nicholas Sparks
(This contains spoilers. Skip it if you don't like spoilers, because I love spoilers. They keep my heart rate in check.)
The blurb did make me curious enough to read more. Going through the first several pages, I wished the story had moved a lil' faster. (By this time, I was already scanning for spoilers on the last few pages of the book but couldn't really grab what was happening.) The story started to pick up for a bit, until we reached the 100+th page at which point I was annoyed with Savannah. Do you really have to cry like that? I mean, you've only known this boy for a week here...?
Then Savannah surprised me with her finding, and the story continued to be okay for a while, until John's father fell ill and died. In my defense, I was reading the book on a quiet early morning on a holiday week, alone at home, and I'm always homesick. But I promise you that part was sad 🤷🏻♀️. The first book that I cried reading. Not fun.
Image, the movie's poster: Sony Pictures
2) Dear John, Nicholas Sparks
(This contains spoilers. Skip it if you don't like spoilers, because I love spoilers. They keep my heart rate in check.)
The blurb did make me curious enough to read more. Going through the first several pages, I wished the story had moved a lil' faster. (By this time, I was already scanning for spoilers on the last few pages of the book but couldn't really grab what was happening.) The story started to pick up for a bit, until we reached the 100+th page at which point I was annoyed with Savannah. Do you really have to cry like that? I mean, you've only known this boy for a week here...?
Then Savannah surprised me with her finding, and the story continued to be okay for a while, until John's father fell ill and died. In my defense, I was reading the book on a quiet early morning on a holiday week, alone at home, and I'm always homesick. But I promise you that part was sad 🤷🏻♀️. The first book that I cried reading. Not fun.
Image, the movie's poster: Sony Pictures

Comments