Books
Some of the books that have kept me occupied for the past few weeks:
1) Dead Until Dark, Charlaine Harris — I thought I'd given up reading the rest of the series, then I felt very un-loyal, like I'd disappointed Sookie and Bill and the whole vampire community. So I picked this one up. One thing about the series, it's neither totally I-can't-read-another-page-of-this nor I-can't-put-this-down-it'll-keep-me-up-all-night. So it's a good read before bed. Three down, six more to go.
2) Dear John, Nicholas Sparks — It's a pretty long confession, thought I'd write it here.
3) Twenties Girl, Sophie Kinsella — Finally. Read it. And I love it. Kinsella always manages to paint each scene in her books very clearly in reader's mind, everything is animated. The book is mainly about Lara and the ghost of her great aunt Sadie, but the parts about Lara's struggles running her company make me nod, grin and chuckle.
(I may or may not be in the midst of trying to read a book titled "_____ Vampires". I mean, who on earth doesn't feel obligated to pick a book by that title?)
1) Dead Until Dark, Charlaine Harris — I thought I'd given up reading the rest of the series, then I felt very un-loyal, like I'd disappointed Sookie and Bill and the whole vampire community. So I picked this one up. One thing about the series, it's neither totally I-can't-read-another-page-of-this nor I-can't-put-this-down-it'll-keep-me-up-all-night. So it's a good read before bed. Three down, six more to go.
2) Dear John, Nicholas Sparks — It's a pretty long confession, thought I'd write it here.
3) Twenties Girl, Sophie Kinsella — Finally. Read it. And I love it. Kinsella always manages to paint each scene in her books very clearly in reader's mind, everything is animated. The book is mainly about Lara and the ghost of her great aunt Sadie, but the parts about Lara's struggles running her company make me nod, grin and chuckle.
(I may or may not be in the midst of trying to read a book titled "_____ Vampires". I mean, who on earth doesn't feel obligated to pick a book by that title?)
Comments