Best Talent in Town
Working on my own (because the other phrase that I wanted to use is very misleading, I tell you), I operate by the word 'persistence'. In fact, I think it has paid most of my bills. The other portion of the bills has been paid -- I'd like to believe -- by my charm. Or credit card? Sometimes I get these two blurred. And skills. Of course, skills and knowledge. You can't live without skills and knowledge, can you?
But this is not exactly a straightforward path. It's not a complaint, but sometimes myego strategic thinking would set in. Sometimes I'd turn my back on a door slammed in my face with a four-letter word -- fine.
"Fine, clients. It's your loss. You have the best talent in town (obviously, thank you) at your doorstep, but you'd rather be stuck without it. One day you'll wake up realizing just how awesome I am, scrambling to reach me on the phone, desperately wanting to pay me for my work (I hope it's soon. I mean, I can't wait 10 years for this to materialize) -- during which I'll probably have to say that 'I have to check my schedule'. Because obviously I'll also have a long list of such requests to attend to, and you'll frantically beg, bribe and beseech me, with at least a holiday trip to... etc etc..."
Maybe that's super stupid, or immature... or really nice?
But this is not exactly a straightforward path. It's not a complaint, but sometimes my
"Fine, clients. It's your loss. You have the best talent in town (obviously, thank you) at your doorstep, but you'd rather be stuck without it. One day you'll wake up realizing just how awesome I am, scrambling to reach me on the phone, desperately wanting to pay me for my work (I hope it's soon. I mean, I can't wait 10 years for this to materialize) -- during which I'll probably have to say that 'I have to check my schedule'. Because obviously I'll also have a long list of such requests to attend to, and you'll frantically beg, bribe and beseech me, with at least a holiday trip to... etc etc..."
Maybe that's super stupid, or immature... or really nice?
Comments